Passion and Expertise
Our Management’s combined experience includes over 300 years of financial and executive management sector experience, investment banking and private equity.
We have a strong track record of operating and investing in Telecommunications, Information Technology and Digital Infrastructure. We bring an international network of strong relationships with entrepreneurs, family-owned businesses, large corporations, sovereign wealth funds, private equity, venture capital and asset management firms to help finance, restructure, support and grow our business.
In addition, our Board Members and Strategic Advisory Group bring extensive expertise in founding, operating, financing and investing in Telecoms and Digital Infrastructure companies. They have held leadership positions with world-class organisations, where they established a track record of creating shareholder value, organically as well as through transformational transactions.
Adrian Wood is the Director at Celsation Group, a company formed to restructure and develop underperforming TMT businesses in emerging markets. Founding CEO of MTN Nigeria which he launched from 0 subscribers; today: >75mm. MTN Nigeria has generated 47x MoM returns for launch investors to date.
Boniface Ngarachu was the CFO of Uganda Telecoms Limited and Head of International Operations, Tiger Brands Limited. A noted strategy and consumer products expert, Boniface was also the FMCG Advisor to Helios Investment Partners and advises myriad African businesses on strategy and capital formation.
Tony Dolton is a Non-Executive Director at CARDINALITY. He was previously the CEO and Board member of Angola’s leading mobile telecommunications company Unitel and Chief Technical Officer of both Vodafone Ghana and Vodafone Egypt.
Demola Eleso currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Contact Solutions Ltd. He was the former CEO of Multi-Links Telecommunications in Nigeria and Head of Technology for Vodafone Qatar. Founding CTO of MTN Nigeria as part of Adrian Wood’s team.
Franklin Amoo is the Managing Partner of Baylis Emerging Markets and was previously Head of Strategic Credit at Mizuho. Prior to this he held investment roles at Deustche, BAML and DLJ and currently manages a private portfolio of six African SMEs.
Nicolas Martin is the Chief Investment Officer and Partner of Baylis Emerging Markets. Previously, he was the Head of Africa Private Equity at Ashmore, one of the largest and best-regarded EM asset managers in the world.
BOARD OF ADVISORS & DIRECTORS
Chairman of Orango
- Former Executive Director on the World Bank Board (represented 25 Africa Nations).
- Co-Founder of the Africa Finance Corporation ($12Bn in Assets).
Vice Chairman of Orango
- Founding CEO of the Africa Finance Corporation.
- Former CEO of Citigroup Middle East & North Africa and CEO of Citigroup West Africa.
CEO of Semper Capital Management
- Chairman of the Investment & Risk Management Committees at Semper Capital Management.
- CEO of CAVU Securities.
- Former Consultant at McKinsey & Company.
Dr David Panton
Managing Partner at Navigation Capital
- 20+ years of investment banking and private equity experience, leading 20+ control deals with aggregate value of $5Bn+.
- Former Investment Banker at Morgan Stanley
Teresa Miles Walsh
Media and Telecom Entrepreneur & Banker
- Led EMEA TMT for Merrill Lynch (led early financing for Naspers ($81Bn EV) who invested in Tencent).
- Former Vice Chairman & Managing Director of European Media for Merrill Lynch.
Entrepreneur and Telecom Expert
- Co-Founder of Eaton Towers in 2008; sold to American Tower for $1.9B.
- Chairman of Azuri Technologies (solar systems for off-grid Africa homes), Avanti (satellite data communications), and Aqua Comms (submarine cable company).
- Lead Non-Executive Director of MTN Group ($21B EV).
- 12yrs at Vodafone Group Plc (NAS: VOD; $110B EV) in senior management roles.
Investor, Entrepreneur, and Telecom Expert
- 20 years of experience working in Africa, where he has invested in and brokered the successful sale of various companies.
- Former Managing Director at Jefferies (Helped lead Equity Capital Markets including Middle East and Africa Region).
- Co-Founder and Partner of Damus Capital Limited and Cell Capital Partners.
Finance Expert and Entrepreneur
- Former Chief of Staff to the CEO at HTC ($9.8B EV).
- Former CFO for the Americas at Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications, now Sony Group Corporation ($144B EV).
- Former VP of Finance at Ubiquitel, led the $1.3B sale to Sprint which was later acquired by T-Mobile (NAS:TMUS; $260B EV).
Dr Ndidi Nnoli Edozien
ESG Expert in Africa
- Former Chief Sustainability and Governance Officer for Dangote (one of the largest privately held conglomerates in Africa).
- Board Director of Interswitch Financial Inclusion Services, subsidiary of Africa’s first unicorn.